Dexedrine is a brand name for Dextroamphetamine a potent Central Nervous System (CNS) stimulant. This medication is prescribed for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. Dexedrine 10 mg promotes focus and calm in people with ADHD and energy and wakefulness in those with sleep disorders with prescribed instruction. Dexedrine tablets are taken two to three times daily. The doctor prescribes an initial dose is 5 mg for the best results.
Dosage Of Dexedrine:
The usual dose is 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg per day in divided doses, depending on the individual patient’s response.
Each capsule has a brown cap and a clear body that contains dextroamphetamine sulfate.
Dexedrine 5 mg: Dexedrine 5 mg tablets are imprinted 5 mg and 512 on the brown cap and are imprinted 5 mg and ap on the clear body.
Dexedrine 10 mg: Dexedrine 10 mg tablets are imprinted 10 mg and 513 on the brown cap and are imprinted 10 mg ap on the clear body.
Usage Dexedrine 10 mg Capsules:
Take Dexedrine 10 mg exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully. Your doctor may adjust the dose until it is good for you or your child.
Do not chew, crush, or divide the tablets. Swallow the tablets whole with water or other liquids. Tell your doctor if you or your child cannot swallow the tablet whole. A different medicine may need to be prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Take it once each day in the morning.
You or your child may sometimes notice a bowel movement after taking it. But this is normal.
From time to time, your doctor may stop this medication treatment for some days to check ADHD symptoms. Your doctor may do regular checks of the blood, heart, and blood pressure while taking Dexedrine 10 mg.
Dexedrine 10 mg Abuse And Effects:
Dexedrine abuse goes back decades. This medication isn’t as commonly prescribed as other Amphetamines but has the same risks when abused. It has abused for studying and test-taking, boosting athletic performance, and helping with weight loss.
There are serious side effects caused by Dexedrine 10 abuse, including:
- Restlessness and insomnia
- Blurred vision
- Increased blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Circulation problems
If the doses of Dexedrine increase, along with long-term abuse and addiction, it may cause more serious side effects, including:
- Difficulty thinking clearly
- Manic behavior
- Delusional thoughts
- Amphetamine-induced psychosis
- Aggressive behavior
The higher the risk of addiction increases because medications change the user’s brain chemistry. The medication stimulates the release of dopamine (known as the “pleasure hormone”) in the user’s brain and blocks excess dopamine from being transported away.
Addiction Signs Of Dexedrine 10 mg:
Addiction is defined as a chronic disorder characterized by compulsive drug use despite adverse consequences. It is considered a brain disorder because it involves functional changes to brain circuits involved in reward, stress, and self-control. Some signs of the addiction of Dexedrine 10 mg. Such as follows
- The user continues to abuse Dexedrine 10 mg despite overdosing, driving while under the influence, or other dangerous and life-threatening consequences.
- Dexedrine abuse has caused relationship problems with others i.e. called interpersonal problems.
- The user fails to meet responsibilities at work, school, or home.
- The user experiences uncomfortable or painful withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking it or decrease their dose.
- The individual uses larger amounts of Dexedrine 10 mg and spends longer and longer periods of time abusing the substance.
- The individual gets unsuccessful when he wants to decrease Dexedrine or stop entirely.
- Dexedrine 10 mg use has caused physical health problems, like liver damage or lung cancer, or psychological issues, like depression or anxiety.
10 mg Dexedrine Addiction Treatment:
Many people start using Dexedrine 10 mg because of its safe way to enhance performance. Most people do not fully understand the risk of addiction until it is too late.
If you are addicted to the medication, you need different resources for the treatment of addiction, including:
- Rehabilitation programs
- Support groups
- 12-step programs
It is an important part of treatment to avoid withdrawal symptoms that may lead to withdrawal symptoms in daily life. It may include headaches, depression, and fatigue. Detox is usually part of rehabilitation programs that take a week to get the substance out of the patient’s system and restore normal levels of dopamine to the brain.
Withdrawal Of IX 10 mg 674:
It is the combination of physical and mental effects a person experiences after stopping any medication that use for a long time.
Withdrawal symptoms vary depending on the type of drug you were taking. Some common symptoms associated with withdrawal include:
- Changes in appetite
- Muscle pain
- Nausea Chills or shivering
- Runny nose
- Changes in mood
- Sleeping difficulties
More severe symptoms such as hallucinations, seizures, and delirium may also occur. The type of drug you were taking, the amount of time you were taking it, and the dosage you were taking can all affect the patient’s severity of the symptoms. Go to the doctor if you want to stop the medication. Never stop it without your doctor’s prescription.
Dexedrine 10 mg & Pregnancy:
Before you are going to plan a baby or after pregnancy tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It does not know if IX 10 mg 674 harms your unborn baby. The FDA categorizes medications that are based on safety for use during pregnancy. Such categories A, B, C, D, and X. These categories are to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Dexedrine falls into category C where there are no adequate animal or human studies, or studies in animals have shown a harmful and undesired effect on the unborn baby. This medication may give to a pregnant woman if her doctor or healthcare provider believes that its benefits to the pregnant woman outweigh any possible risks to her unborn baby.
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed the newborn baby. It does not know if Dexedrine 10 mg is excreting in human breast milk or if it will harm your nursing baby.
Storage Of Dexedrine 10 mg:
- Every person who uses any medication must store it in a safe place for further use. If not stored appropriately, medications can expose to environmental changes, making them lose their efficacy. It can harmful to a patient’s health.
- The medicines must keep in a locked cabinet or cupboard where the children and pets can not reach.
- Choose to store medicines in a cool, dry place, such as a closet, bedroom closet, or even a kitchen cabinet. If children have access to the medicines, consider storing them on a high shelf or in a lock box.
- Good packaging protects the quality of the drugs. Just because you haven’t opened the package means the drugs are safe.
- If you notice that medication has changed color, smell, taste, or consistency, don’t take it just throw away pills.