Klonopin 1 mg or Round Shaped yellow R 34 pill belongs to a class of medicines called Benzodiazepine and Anticonvulsants. This medicine is an FDA-approved used for the treatment of the symptoms of seizures in adults and children. Klonopin 1 mg is also used to treat panic disorder in adults sometimes restless legs syndrome. It belongs to a class of Benzodiazepines for the treatment of sleeping disorders and alcohol withdrawal.
Availability Of Klonopin 1mg pill:
Klonopin 1 mg yellow pill is available both online and offline in the market in 2 different varieties. This medicine is available only with your doctor’s prescription. Each Klonopin tablet contains 0.5/ 1 / 2 mg of clonazepam as the active ingredient and lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and corn starch as inactive ingredients in it.
The availability of the medication is in such forms: Tablet and Orally Disintegrating Tablet.
Klonopin comes is available in strengths of 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg.
The medicine Klonopin 1 mg, a small round-shaped, white-colored tablet, R34 imprinted on it.
Klonopin 2 mg, a small round-shaped, light blue-colored tablet, 93834 imprinted on it.
Dosages Of Taking Klonopin 1 mg Round Shaped yellow pill:
Different doses should apply for different categories of medication. The doctor suggests the exact dose to the patient for better feelings.
- For seizures: For adults and children of 10 years and older, initially, 0.5 mg thrice a day. It may change by the doctor as per the requirement. The maximum dose is 20 mg per day.For children, up to 10 years or with a weight of 30 kilograms (kg), the dose is based on body weight and must be determined by your doctor. The maximum dose is usually not more than 0.05 mg per kg of body weight.
- For Panic Disorder: For adults, initially 0.25 mg, twice a day. The doctor may adjust your dose according to the requirement. The maximum dose is 4 mg per day.For children, the dosage and use must be prescribed by the doctor.
- For Restless Legs Syndrome: Both the dosage and use are to be prescribed by the doctor.
The Function Of Klonopin 1 mg yellow pill In The Human Body:
Klonopin belongs to a class of medicines called benzodiazepines by increasing levels of a calming chemical, gamma-amino-butyric acid (GABA), in the brain. It relieves anxiety, stops seizures, and relaxes tense muscles depending on the health condition of a person.
Use Klonopin 1 mg & Storage:
Read the medication guide before taking the drug. Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush, chew or break it. While using the disintegrating tablet (wafer), make sure your hands are dry before you handle the tablet. Do not push the tablet through the foil. Do not break or split the tablet.
The tablet should be placed in the mouth and allowed to melt. After the tablet has melted, drink a little amount of water.
Storage of every medicine and the medicinal product is an important aspect. So we need to remember some points before storing any medicine.
Points to remember before storing Klonopin 1 mg are:
- Store it at a temperature between 20- 25 degrees Celsius i.e. 68- 77 degrees Fahrenheit i.e. at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Do not keep it inside the refrigerator.
- Keep it away from children’s reach.
- Do not store it in the bathroom.
Overdose is a condition when a person takes an extra dose of medicine at a time than the doctor prescribes for him/her. An overdose of any medication is dangerous to our health, so an overdose of Klonopin has some bad effects on our health.
It leads to severe drowsiness, confusion, loss of consciousness, and slowed/decreased reflexes which may lead to death.
Taking medicine irregularly leads to missed doses. Generally, people after missing a dose will take a double dose which leads to overdose. In case you miss a dose, do not panic. Take the dose immediately or continue with your regular dose or consult your doctor.
Treatment For Over-Dose:
Treatment for a drug overdose varies depending on the situation and the health condition of the patient. General treatment strategies that the doctor or the healthcare providers may use include:
- Clearing the airway or inserting a breathing tube when there is a problem with breathing
- Inducing vomiting to remove the substance from the stomach.
- Pumping the stomach to remove the substance from the stomach
- The healthcare provider may be able to use an antidote for certain drug overdoses. For example, the drug naloxone can help reverse the effects of a heroin overdose.
Side Effects Of Using Klonopin 1 mg or Round Shaped yellow R 34 pill
Any medicine when used improperly way shows dangerous adverse effects hence Klonopin shows. It shows both common and serious side effects.
Common Side Effects:
The common side effects are:
- Disturbed sleep
- Muscle weakness
Serious Side Effects:
The serious side effects are:
- Shallow breathing
- Jaundice or yellow skin
- Short breathing
- Improper body movements
- Lack of coordination
- Bleeding nose
- Racing heartbeats
- Mood change
Go to the doctor immediately if any patient persists severe after taking this medication.
Alternative Pills For Klonopin 1 mg or Round Shaped yellow R 34 pill
Finding the exact substitute is not possible, but some similar medications are prescribed instead of Klonopin.
- The natural substitutes are: ashwagandha, kava Kava, L-Theanine, magnesium, and Probiotics.
- Medicinal Substitutes are Tranxene, Ativan, Valium, Celexa, Lexapro, Prosome, Luvox, Paxil, Prozac, Xanax, and Dalmane.
Precautions While Taking Klonopin 1 mg:
Take some precautions before using Klonopin for anti-anxiety and other problems. These are:
- If you are allergic to Klonopin or any other Benzodiazepines then ask your doctor.
- Test whether you have any kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems, or mental disorder.
- One should not drive, should not operate any machine, or do any serious work as it can be dangerous.
- Klonopin 1 mg can also show its reverse effect in the case of children and cause restlessness, shaking, and mood change.
- Using Klonopin 1 mg while pregnant can harm your unborn baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers are advised to first consult a doctor and follow the advice.
- Do not take any other Benzodiazepines ( Xanax, Ativan, Valium, Versed, etc.) while taking Klonopin as it can cause some serious allergic reactions.
Other Medicine & Food Interactions:
One should make it clear to the doctor if he/she is taking any other medicines before the doctor prescribes Levitra as it can be dangerous if some specific medicines are taken with it.
Do not take these medicines with Klonopin 1 mg: Orlistat, Sodium Oxybate, or Other drugs for sleep and anxiety, Opioid pain relievers, Cannabis, Muscle relaxants, Antihistamines
Other Food And Beverages Interaction:
Do not take these food items and beverages with Klonopin 1 mg: Tea, Coffee, Colas, Chocolates, Alcohol, and cigarettes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Klonopin 1 mg Tablet a sleeping pill?
Klonopin 1 mg Tablet belongs to a class of medicines called benzodiazepines and is used to treat anxiety, stop seizures (fits) or relax tense muscles. It can also help relieve difficulty sleeping (insomnia). It is usually prescribed for a short period if used to treat sleeping problems. You should take it in the dose and duration advised by the doctor.
Does Klonopin 1 mg Tablet cause sleepiness? If yes, then should I stop driving while taking Klonopin 1 mg Tablet?
Yes, Klonopin1 mg tablet causes drowsiness very commonly. It also causes forgetfulness and affects muscular function which may adversely affect your ability to drive. Sometimes, drowsiness persists even on the following day. So, in case Klonopin 1 mg tablet makes you sleepy and affects your alertness, for this reason, you should avoid driving.
For how long should you take Klonopin 1 mg Tablet?
The duration of treatment with Klonopin 1 mg Tablet is mainly as short as possible. Your doctor will evaluate you after 4 weeks of treatment as the need for continuation of treatment. But you should remember that if you do not have any symptoms. Before taking you off this medicine, your doctor may gradually decrease your dose to prevent any withdrawal side effects. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most benefit.