Luvox and Luvox CR is the brand name of the generic medication fluvoxamine maleate. This medication is approved by the FDA for prescription to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and other serious mental health conditions. SOLVAY 4210 Pill can also be prescribed for “off-label. This means the user of an FDA-approved drug can treat unapproved diseases in some conditions.
Luvox 100 Mg Tablet is an oral medicine to be taken as directed by the doctor. No increase, decrease or stop of this medicine without a doctor’s Consult. Depending on the medical condition, the medicine is usually prescribed twice a day or once at bedtime. In some others, there may be easy bruising, bleeding, nervousness, or loss of sexual interest and ability.
A patient with OCD of Obsessions is unwanted repeated thoughts or feelings, which are ongoing. A patient with OCD of Compulsions has to repeat the same work or actions over and over. The symptoms of OCD can vary from patient to patient according to the patient’s medical conditions. Luvox decreases obsessive thoughts and reduces the repeated development of these thoughts.
Forms Of Luvox Come In:
Luvox comes in two forms: an oral capsule and an oral tablet. Each dose of the Luvox has the Nonmedicinal ingredients: colloidal anhydrous silica, maize starch, mannitol, methyl hydroxypropyl cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sodium stearyl fumarate, talc, and titanium dioxide. But it is different in quantity with the strength. This medication does not contain gluten, lactose, sodium metabisulfite, or tartrazine.
This drug is available in oral capsules, extended-release with the strength of 100 mg, and 150 mg which is only available as a generic drug. It’s not available as a brand-name drug. It is used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder.
In oral tablets of Luvox ( Immediate-Release ) Tablets, the strength is 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg.
- Luvox 50 mg Tablet: Each tablet is oval, white, film-coated, stamped with “291” twice on one side and a stylized “S” on the other.
- Luvox 100 mg Tablet: Each tablet is oval-shaped film-coated, scored, white colored, stamped with “313” twice on one side and a stylized “S” on the other, containing 100 mg.
How To Use SOLVAY 4210 Pill?
Read the medication prescription provided by your doctor or pharmacist before you use the medication. If you have any questions about the side effects of the medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Take this medication by mouth whole with or without food as directed by your doctor. It usually takes once daily at bedtime, or twice daily. If it recommends twice, you should take one tablet in the morning and one at bedtime. The doses are not the same for all patients. It may vary from patient to patient according to their response to treatment, age, medical condition, and health conditions.
Side Effects Of Medication:
Luvox is most effective at treating obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), but it also triggers side effects in many users. Some side effects can be common or severe. The most common side effects include:
- Eye pain, redness, or swelling
- Excessive yawning
- Muscle pain
- Sexual problems
- Changes in vision
- Decrease in appetite
- Dry mouth
- Sleeping problems
- Sore throat
You should tell your doctor or pharmacist if you will experience any side effects. Your doctor always advises you to take a lower dose to reduce your risk of side effects and gradually increase your dose. You should always follow your doctor’s instructions carefully.
Luvox 100 mg Missed-Dose:
If you forget to take the dose by chance, the next dose should be taken at the regular time. But never try to discontinue using Luvox 100 mg. You should also not take a double dose at a time for a skipped dose.
Luvox 100 mg Overdose:
If the person will take more than the prescription medication it is known as an overdose of the medication. You should never take large doses of drugs that interact with serotonin. It can lead to too much of the neurotransmitter accumulating in the brain. Symptoms may begin within several hours of taking medications that cause serotonin syndrome include:
- Restlessness or agitation
- High blood pressure
- Rapid heart rate
- Dilated pupils
- Loss of physical coordination or muscle strength
- Muscle rigidity
- Sweating profusely
- Extreme confusion
Mild serotonin syndrome may go away within a few days or weeks. Severe serotonin syndrome can be dangerous or even fatal. The following symptoms require emergency medical attention include:
- Irregular heartbeat
- High fever
- Falling unconscious
Do waste any time going through the medical checkup immediately if you persist any of the symptoms severely.
Addiction To Luvox 100mg:
Luvox 100 mg is not to be addictive but it has no immediate euphoric effects on the brain. There is no indication that the risk of addiction and abuse is high.
Luvox 100 mg Withdrawal:
Sometimes Luvox 100 mg are to be addictive because it uses for a long. Withdraw symptoms arise if the person suddenly stops taking it. They can experience withdrawal symptoms for Brown SOLVAY 4210 Pill include:
- Agitation or aggression
- Mood swings
- Feeling uneasy
- Exhaustion or fatigue
- Trouble falling
- Intense worry or anxiety
- Pain, burning,
- Feelings like an electric shock in the extremities
If a person takes Luvox 100 mg and if he wants to stop taking it, he should discuss with the doctor how to stop it. The doctor will advise helping their patient to avoid the most intense withdrawal symptoms.
Medication Safety Tips:
Medicines can treat health problems and help you live a healthier life when you used them correctly. But the medicines can cause serious injuries or even death if you use them incorrectly or discontinue them. Many of these problems can be prevented in four ways to avoid common medical mistakes.
Call your doctor immediately at once if you have the following signs such as:
- Anxiety, risk-taking behavior, sleep problems, and feelings of extreme happiness or irritability.
- A seizure.
- Changes in weight or appetite.
- Blurred vision, eye pain, or redness.
- Unusual bleeding.
- Low blood sodium such as headaches, confusion, problems with thinking or memory, weakness, and feeling unsteady.
- Seek medical attention right away if you have symptoms of serotonin syndrome, such as sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, agitation, hallucinations, fever, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Take your child to the doctor for a complete check-up. Because Luvox 100 mg can affect children’s growth i.e. height and weight. It should be checked if he is taking Luvox 100 mg.
It has 4 ways to take prevention this before taking this medication.
- Ask questions to the doctor before taking medication.
- Keep a medicine list.
- Follow directions.
- Safely store and throw out medicines.
Ask Questions About Medicines:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist about each medicine you take. Such questions are as such:
- What is the name of the medicine?
- How much do I take and when should I take it?
- What does it look like?
- When does it expire?
- Are there any side effects or special warnings?
- What should I do if I start having side effects?
- Can I take it if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What is the active ingredient(s)?
- What is the medicine for?
- What other medicines or foods should I avoid?
Keep A Medicine List:
Write down the important things about each medicine you take. Such as follows:
- List each prescription medicine and keep it with you all the time.
- Show it to your doctor, or pharmacist.
Medicine will take positive effects if you follow the directions the right way. Taking too much or too little can make you very sick. Such as follow:
- Use Medicines as Directed.
- Read the directions on the label and ask your healthcare provider how much you will take and what time.
- Never skip taking your prescription medicine. Talk to your healthcare provider before you stop taking your medicines.
- Don’t share medicines.
- Only take the suggested dose.
- Avoid Common Problems.
- You should never take any medicine in the dark.
- Check the expiration date on your medicine.
Safely Throw Out Medicines:
Ask your doctor, or pharmacist how you should get rid of unused or expired medicines. Find out if you should:
- Flush it down the toilet or sink.
- Put it in a sealed plastic bag and throw it in the trash.
- Make sure that children can’t get medicines from the trash.
Luvox 100 mg May Interact With Other Medications:
This is an oral capsule that may interact with other medications such as vitamins, or herbs. With the doctor’s consultation, you should take prescription or nonprescription medicines.
Always tell your doctor about all medications that you are taking such as vitamins, or herbs.
The drugs that can cause interactions with Luvox 100 mg are listed below.
Drugs you should not use with Luvox are as follows:
- You should never take men’s medicine with Luvox 100 mg such as Cialis, Viagra, Kamagra,
- The patient should not take sleeping pills like Ambien, Lunesta, Restoril Rozerem, or Sonata with this medication.
- Dexamethasone, imatinib, Mesylate, Ketoconazole, Atazanavir, Nitroglycerin, Isoniazid, ACE inhibitors, Atenolol, Tamsulosin, Warfarin, Celexa
- Tramadol, Lortab, Norco, Opana ER, Percocet, Roxycodone, Frova, Imitrex, Ultram, Zomig), Heart medicine and Blood Pressure medicine, ADHD pills such as Adderall, Evekeo, and Dexedrine.
- Do not take Luvox 50 mg with Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). It may dangerous effects on your body. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) have the ingredients of such as phenelzine or tranylcypromine. You should never take Luvox 100 mg at least 2 weeks in between the time you take MAOIs.
Before taking any of the medication with Luvox 50 mg you should inform your doctor.
Alternatives To Luvox 100 mg:
If the drug does not work to treat a specific condition, there may need for other medical alternatives.
Not all SSRIs are good for treating OCD but you should ask your doctor for changes in dose or medicines. Such medicines are successful at treating symptoms of OCD including Zoloft, Prozac, Ativan, Celexa, Effexor, Klonopin, Paxil, Valium, Xanax, and Lexapro. This medication is a specific treatment for compulsive disorders.