Soma 350 mg, also known by its generic name Carisoprodol, is prescribed for muscle cramps/spasms, acute discomfort, and musculoskeletal pain. It is given only for a few weeks to treat these types of pain. Somacid 350 is recommended for short periods only with a thrice-day consumption pattern. It is a round, convex, white tablet, inscribed with SOMA 350, and is only for Oral administration.
The molecular formula of Carisoprodol, the main active ingredient, is C12H24N2O4. It is N-isopropyl-2-methyl-2-propyl-1,3-propanediol dicarbamate.
This Carisoprodol is a white, crystalline powder, with a characteristic odor(mild ) and a bitter taste.
How Soma 350 mg Works:
The appropriate functioning has not been described by a medical expert yet but it is observed that it is metabolized into Meprobamate which acts as a tranquilizer for a short period. So it provides relief instantly for a short period.
How To Take The Soma 350:
It is important to consider the below-mentioned points while consuming your prescribed Soma 350. These are as follows:
- Always read the instructions and details mentioned on the label or on the drug pack. The prescription label is a must-read to get a better idea of the medicine.
- Never utilize the pill other than prescribed use. Overdose, abuse, or taking the pill without proper reason may worsen your health in general.
- Never allow somebody to take your dose as doing so will show unwanted outcomes. It may lead to coma and even death.
- This pill should only be taken by mouth with liquid or normal water, not necessarily with filtered water.
Interactions Of Soma Carisoprodol 350 mg:
SOMA 350 mg contains carisoprodol which utilizes the CYP2C19 (which is an enzyme) in metabolism at the liver to be converted into Meprobamate which produces the relieving effect.
- It is vital to maintain a balance between CYP2C19 inducers and inhibitors. These tablets (namely omeprazole/fluvoxamine) can impact the functioning and overall efficacy of the drug adversely. It may influence other chemicals and produce some unwanted outcomes/results.
- It is established that Soma Carisoprodol 350 mg can have potential interaction with antidepressants namely Central Nervous System depressants and alcohol.
- Another high probability of interactions of carisoprodol is with opioids, tricyclic antidepressants, and benzodiazepines.
Warnings Of Soma 350 mg:
Soma pills come up with various opioid and antidepressant-like warnings. To know read further:
- First of all, Soma 350 mg contains carisoprodol which has sedation effects because of corisoprodol’s sedative properties. So it is strictly advised not to drive and operate heavy machinery and equipment.
- Secondly, it could be more addictive if coadministration with CNS depressants. Dependence on long-term use may be the outcome. Abuse and overdose can result in severe withdrawal symptoms. So it may be additive.
- Thirdly, seizure experience is one of the side effects of these pills.
- Fourthly, it can have an adverse impact on the Central Nervous System when overly reacted and may be experienced with symptoms like drowsiness, dizziness, and headache. Other than these, tachycardia, hypotension(postural), and facial flushing are some of the side effects.
- Some other general warnings regarding severe side effects include tremor agitation, irritability, depression symptoms, nausea, vomiting, and leukopenia.
Not Recommended For Specific Populations:
Not recommending the soma 350 mg pill to different sections of the population is a precautionary measure to avoid exacerbating health and well-being conditions. These specific populations are mentioned as safety during and aftermaths have not been established regarding these. These are:
- Pregnant women
- Pediatrics less than 16 years of age
- Geriatric those who are 65 plus of age
- Renal impairment patients
- People with hepatic disease
- Individuals having reduced metabolizing enzyme, CYP2C19
Overdosage Side Effects Of Somacid 350:
It is very common to see side effects of drugs. similarly, medication soma 350mg has been tested and it is established that its overdose may have side effects which are mentioned below:
- Blurred Vision
- CNS Depression
- Dystonic Reactions
- Muscular Incoordination
- Respiratory Depression
Withdrawal Symptoms Of Soma 350 Mg:
Soma 350 mg has some rare withdrawal symptoms other than common ones. Carisoprodol is the active ingredient of this tablet which can produce some common to rare withdrawal symptoms and these are:
- IQ Depletion.
- Memory Loss
- Social Withdrawal
Storage Of Somacid 350:
Soma 350 mg tablets/ drugs should be stored and kept at moderate room temperature: 20- 25 degrees Celcius (68° – 77°F). Also, it should be a humidityless ambiance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. 1 What Is The Use Of Soma(Carisoprodol) 350 Mg Tablets?
The tablets are prescribed or utilized for treating short-term pain in the musculoskeletal system and to cure muscle spasms as well.
Q.2 What Is The Time Taken By Soma 350Mg Pill To Act?
It starts functioning instantly, to be more precise in 25-30 minutes while its relieving impact lasts for 6-7 hours.
Q.3 Is Consuming Soma 350 Mg Make Addictive?
Soma 350 mg tablets’ active ingredient corisoprodol has rewarding effects. Hence it may be addictive for patients. Intensity is subject to age, dose size, and period of consumption.