Vicodin 5-500 mg pill contains 5 mg of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and 500 mg of Acetaminophen. It is prescribed for cough suppression and moderate to severe pain treatment. Its opiate-like effects produce pain relief. The inactive ingredients of this pill are dibasic calcium phosphate, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide, and starch. Moreover, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, and stearic acid are also inactive ingredients present in this tablet.
How To Take Vicodin 5-500 Mg Tablet
This is an oral pill and is supposed to be taken through mouth only. It can be taken with or without food as per your mood. It is better to take it with food if the patient is feeling or experiencing nausea. Always keep the number and amount of dose the same. Overdose, misuse, or abuse of this pill may cause health deterioration.
In case you miss your prescribed dose then do not overcompensate. If you have nearly 4 hours before your next dose timing then you may take the tablet. However, in the case of the extended-release form of the medication, an approximately 12-hour gap is favorable.
Side Effects Of Vicodin 5-500 Mg Tablet:
This Vic drug has some moderate to severe side effects. The intensity of the side effects of this tablet is proportional to the doses taken and the time for which is being taken. Some common side effects are nausea, vomiting, constipation, lightheadedness, dizziness, or drowsiness.
Serious side effects include slow breathing, loss of appetite, unusual tiredness, abrupt change in weight, fainting, seizures, severe drowsiness, and difficulty waking up. Besides these agitation, confusion, hallucinations, stomachache, difficulty urinating, and interrupted breathing during sleep(sleep apnea) may also be experienced. Moreover, the consequences of Vicodin 5-500 mg tablet’s long-term usage are hearing loss, chronic constipation nausea, and headaches.
Withdrawal Symptoms of 5-500 mg:
In case Vicodin 5-500 is suddenly discontinued due to completion of the treatment course or abruptly stopping usage. It may result in unpleasant, uncomfortable, and problematic signs and symptoms. These are called withdrawal symptoms of Vicodin 5-500 mg tablet.
Withdrawal symptoms that may be experienced are restlessness, mental disturbances, mood changes such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, watering eyes, runny nose, diarrhea, sweating, muscle aches, or sudden changes in behavior.
Warning and Precaution Of Vicodin White Oval Tablet:
Taking this pill without an appropriate prescription or consuming this pill other than prescribed usage may cause adverse health impacts. Here are the fatal and life-threatening outcomes this pill may have on even healthy individuals given below.
- While discussing with a medical professional for prescription mention your health conditions such as asthma, renal disease, hepatic disease, patient, and mental disorders, if any.
- Do not take this medicine at all if you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in the medication.
- Hydrocodone may cause respiratory depression impacting the respiration ability that stems out of the brain. Moreover, Hydrocodone is a controlled substance schedule II under the Controlled Substances Act. So Vicodin should not be consumed by anybody with an addiction disorder.
- The prescribed patients with injured heads may have some adverse impact due to narcotics presence in the drug.
- Patients with seizure attacks, severe impairment of hepatic or renal function, hypothyroidism, and Addison’s disease need professional medical guidance.
- People with prostatic hypertrophy, or urethral stricture should not consume this pill as they are more susceptible to adverse and unwarranted results.
- Babies born from women who took this tablet during pregnancy may have some extremities. Lack of reflexes to the stimuli, sneezing, yawning, increased respiratory rate, increased stools, vomiting, and persistent fever may be observed in babies.
- The patient or person who is prescribed this medication should be extra cautious while operating heavy machines or driving. It is better to avoid performing these kinds of tasks.
- It is strictly advised for patients having paralytic ileus in the present or the past not to utilize this pill as their first choice. paralytic ileus is an unhealthy condition in which digested food does not move through the intestines as usual.
Interaction of Vicodin 5-500 mg:
The drug interaction is not a warranted outcome of any drug. Some of the interaction outcomes of taking different drugs simultaneously are unusual lightheadedness, slow breathing, and dizziness. These are consequences that result from various interactions between drugs, drug-health conditions, or drug-food interactions.
Some of the tablets/drugs/medications that have the potential for interaction have been given below:
- Vitamin D3 Tablets
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors(SSRIs),
- Selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Vitamin B12 tablets
- CNS depressants
Storage Of Vicodin White Oval Pill:
A dry place at room temperature is the best environment for this medication. Never keep or put these pills in the bathroom or kitchen due to the presence of water in those places. Always store at a place which is unreachable for children.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. Can I Breastfeed The Baby During My Prescription Of Vicodin 5-500 mg?
Nursing mothers can pass on the hydrocodone ingredient to newborns through breast milk. Babies may show some signs like irritability, tremors, hyperactivity, and excessive crying. So it is not wise to breastfeed.
Q.2. Does Vicodin 5-500 mg Pill Cause Infertility In The Patient?
The answer is not direct YES or NO as sufficient data or scientific evidence are not available. So it is difficult to say that Vicodin 5-500 mg causes infertility. However, this pill should not be taken without a proper prescription.
Q.3. How To Avoid Vicodin 5-500 mg Withdrawal Symptoms?
As per the doctor’s direction, you should discontinue your treatment course. However, discontinuing the dose gradually may help significantly. To minimize or avoid withdrawal one must always follow the medical profession guidance.